Background

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Mmm....Meatball Madness

When my husband is out for the evening, I think my go-to recipe ideas always involve meatballs of some sort. I have made this recipe numerous times and every time it is a huge hit (I am not sure why I always forget to share it.) I put my own spin on the rice too. Perfect!


Teriyaki Meatballs
adapted from: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/teriyaki-meatballs

meat
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup oats
1 t ground ginger
1/2 t garlic powder
sprinkle of salt
1 lb ground beef

sauce
2 T toasted sesame oil
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
drop of red chili oil (optional)
1/2 cup soy sauce (I use GF tamari)
1/4 cup honey
3 T wine vinegar
1 t garlic powder
1 t ground ginger

1 (20oz) can pineapple tidbits, drained (but save juice)
1/2 green bell peppers, roughly chopped
3T pineapple juice
3 cups cooked rice
1 T butter

Preheat your oven to 400. Grease a 9x13pan. In a large bowl kneed together all the meatball ingredients. Let it rest. Place all sauce ingredients in the blender and whiz it together until emulsified.  Pour some of the sauce in the bottom of the pan. Shape the meat into 20 meatballs and place in the pan. Pour rest of the sauce over all (turning to coat). Bake for 25minutes. Before serving turn the meatballs.  While meatballs are baking melt the butter in a large skillet, add rice. Toss to coat with bell peppers and pineapple with juice. Continue to stirring until slightly browned.  Serve meatballs on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment